Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Redesign In "BLUE"

In the midst of everything else that's going on, I am in the middle of redesigning some of the characters in "Bue Dragon Blues." Not that I don't like their current designs, I just think some of them could be pushed a little more. Let's start with the main character Bartz the Blue.



First off, his design needed a little more to it. It had nice elements but that felt flat to me over time. I also felt there needed to be more consistency in his outfict overall. I added a knee pad and made a new belt buckle similar in design. Here are 2 of the more finished looks of this.





I was fine with the additions, but I also wanted the character to look younger and the design to be pushed a little more to a "cartoony" feel. This was more final.



This image was cleaned up and colors were added to bring you this...

No comments: