Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where to Begin...

Been a bit so let's go back. All the way back to the end of June 2008, that's when we wrapped principle photography on the flick. Originally we were looking to end shooting mid June, but due to some work obligations, weather, and scheduling, we extended the shooting a few weeks. So, from July till now, I've been in post production. By late November I had a 1 hour and 52 minute rough cut. This was sans the opening and the closing, pushing it to a possible 2 hour and 5 minute piece.

In all honesty, I thought I'd be lucky if we got an 80 minute flick. Two hours feels bloated to me. Not the actual movie itself, but the sound of a TWO HOUR flick. It doesn't seem like this type of film should be that long. Anyway, I'm back at editing again. My hope is to get it down to 1 hour and 50 minutes total. So far, I've pulled about 7 minutes out, so I got a little ways to go. It's what I get for writing a script that constantly references earlier events, making it difficult to cut things, because some scenes would make no sense without earlier tidbits.

But, there is a new site up for the movie check it out here.

No comments: