Thursday, May 10, 2012

Animating the Principals: Movie Logic 101 Character Design

One of the many reasons Movie Logic 101 has not yet been released on DVD or streaming (and there are many which I'll get into later, maybe) is because there were animated sequences that I wanted to add after it's initial theater and festival showings in 2009.  With those scenes now being put in, I can get into the designs for cartooning the characters, starting with the three main characters.


From right to left, we got Jeb, Justin, and the Intern (Original photography by Joe Goeldel).  Since I was going to do the animated sequences at the time, I developed an animated look and feel for these three...



While I was fine with the designs overall, it wasn't exactly the feel I wanted.  I did some animation tests with these characters, but because it wasn't giving me the vibe I wanted, that was as far as I got.  I thought about varying my style, but ultimately decided to get some one else with the style I was looking for.

No comments: